Tuesday 5 March 2013

Other paper constructed ideas

I have come up with other ways of using paper to construct items in the style of Depero's work. I have taken one of his art pieces and constructed it out of paper, and used my own font and wording on the tube that I have made. I have turned it into an initial idea for a poster, However I am not too sure about the delivery of the piece. I am fairly happy with the layout and the way it looks, but I have not yet come up with anything conclusive for an idea for a campaign, or a way that all my ideas will work together to create one message.


The text was just dummy placement text. Naturally, if this is to be a final poster idea, then the text would be more about how Fedrigoni is futuristic and cutting edge in the way they manufactor paper.

I have also started exploring a way that I can use the waistcoat that I have made out of paper in a poster design.


I quite like this poster idea. I have created it by printing out the background onto a1 paper, and also printing the type and the waistcoat, constructing the whole image by hand, and then re-photographing it. I wanted it to have a rough edged, handmade feel. It does do that. However, some problems have occurred  Firstly, because I have printed it, then rephotographed it, the image quality is poor. Secondly, the text is difficult to read. Thirdly, the background layer has not been halftoned correctly. I have used the colour halftone effect in Photoshop instead of the dot halftone screen effect. Therefore I have weird circles around each of the circles constructing the image. I like the idea of half toning the image as it is of poor quality. However, I have not done it very effectively. I need to play about with composition of this poster, and also I need to make it digitally and vectored. I do not know why I produced it by hand. I did not really need to do this, I just need to visualize the posters, I do not necessarily have to create them. This therefore is the next stage in my development of this Fedrigoni project. I am going to work on this poster, and see if this directs me to a way of bringing all of this material together as one campaign/poster set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment