Wednesday 6 February 2013

Early research

My first port of call for this project is origami. This is an instant and obvious solution because of the way that the company themselves describe their paper in the brief. This is paper that is easily folded, cut and bent into any shape or form that is desired. 



This image is an extremely intricate lazer cut. I like the white on light grey colour scheme of the piece. I think it would be great to play with a lazer cut into paper for this project. The cut is extremely clean and design can be as complex as I want them to be (providing that the finest lines and cuts are suitable for purpose). 
I think that colour is going to be extremely important in this project. Fedrigoni offer one of the most 
comprehensive paper ranges and they focus particularly on coloured paper. My research here needs to be more extensive into the types of papers that they offer.


The above image I think is really effective, it takes a dollar bill and there is an instruction online on how to fold it into a shirt. This is particularly relevant for my Fedrigoni brief because they want  a play on the smartness of appearance of UK printers. Perhaps I could create a poster that folds down into a shirt or a tie for instance?










These are complicated building structures crafted out of paper above and below. This would make a great poster  Again, the person has chosen to use white on white allowing the shadows to create the variation in tone and the conforms. I would love to explore complex paper structures and paper models. I think that it is exactly what Fedrigoni are after. 





The above bird is such an intricate paper cut. Feathers have been created by fine and delicate cuts to the wings. This would be a stunning thing to be presented through the post. It would be something really special and something that printers would be interested by. However, a bird does not really capture the essence of what Fedrigoni are trying to achieve. Something intricate made out of paper and then sent to UK printers is definitely a concept that I am going to explore. 




The above image is a really illustrational use of paper. I quite like the white on white effect and also the intricate detail that using the paper like this crates. White on white would be a good way to show the diverse range of white paper that Fedrigoni offer. 


The above image is great. It is really dynamic and is such a creative way of using and cutting paper. It is so simple but so clever. Through one cut an image of two people doing two different things is created, on is holding on to the other person that is falling. It also creates interesting shadows. I love this as a concept. I think that simplicity in the message is something that needs to be explored. Something that is simple yet powerful like this will capture the imaginations of UK printers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment