Monday 11 February 2013

Review


So my idea has got something in it, but I have been researching into printers in the UK and they are not necessarily dressed in suits and really formal as the brief suggests. They are a lot more casual than this, and so I want to do something that looks more into the history of Italy. I want to look into cliche’s of Italy. I still want to show a tongue in cheek message, but it needs to be more relevent to UK printers. Therefore, tomorrow I have arranged a meeting with a local and much larger printers Ripe Digital. I will document all of my findings. I am now also going to research into Italy more and Italian born designers to get some inspiration for a visual style. Naturally, I still want to keep the construction element of the idea- the manufactoring of the paper into something as this has the most powerful effect and is consistant with the brand’s ethos and existing campaigns.



Some ideas and Italian Cliche's:

The Italian flag

Pizza 
Fine Dining 
The countries boot shape
Italian canals
Spaghetti
Meatballs
Shoes
Armarni suits
Molto Bene
Vespa
Coleseum
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Parma ham
Football
Salt
Super mario
Muselini
Wine
Cheese
Salami
Tomatoes
Mafia
Sunglasses
Mount Etna
Versuvius
Pompeii
Latin
Mediteranian
Venice
Barber Shops
Accent
Lamboghini



Ideas: *Close family bond- All eating around a table, will do anything for you. “Welcome to the family” close family connections, Come join our family

Fast cars
Fashion

*Romans came to Britain. Now they bring paper. Montey Pithon, What the Romans ever did for us. 
-Roads, medicine, education, wine, public order, sanitation, now we bring you paper.

One other immediate link that I have made an 
association with Italy is futurism. This is going to be my next port of call for research. I am going to research Italian Futurism and artwork by people like Marinetti, and see how I am inspired by this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment