Thursday 28 February 2013

Delivery of ideas

I have been experimenting with ideas for large a1 posters. Ultimately, these posters will be made out of paper. I have been looking at the posters that the futurists produced for a while now (see research entries) and in particular the research of the casa de futura. Some of these works are simply stunning and I really want to do them justice, not just for me but also for the compassionate appreciation of the movement futurism itself. the issues that I have currently are that at the moment I have produced futurist posters in the style of a movement that technically do not have anything about Fedrigoni on them (apart from the fact that these posters would be made out of fedrigoni paper). My other ideas for posters and advertisement will tie all of the designed material together but I really need to think carefully about how these posters would be sent to printers and what then would be done with them. I love them as items as they are. When looking around printers, they have lots of posters up on their walls. What I have noticed about them are that they do not necessarily advertise the companies that they were sent from directly, but if they have been put up on the printers walls for display then they have been successful. This is my aim for my posters. I want them to be art works by fedrigoni. I do not want to undermine the value of Fedrigoni paper with a gimicky message. Also I do not want to insult the printers intelligence. Perhaps a very nicely designed tube that holds the posters in to be sent (naturally made out of fedrigoni paper) with very subtle fedrigoni branding on, and small letter-pressed Fedrigoni branding in the bottom right corner would be effective. I need to research best methods of sending posters by post before I commit to any final ideas for this.

Things to do next-
So I have a load of different ideas and experimentation going on for this project.I need to consolidate my development and come up with a solid campaign. I want to in no way undermine the fedrigoni brand, and I think that it coyld be very easy for these ideas to become gimicky. They need to be slick and professional and done with confidence.
One idea that I have had with the posters below is to perhaps make areas 3d. Again this cannot look cheap and gimicky but is a possibility for experiment.
Finally, with the waistcoat idea I am going to produce these waistcoats regardless of if I qctually use the idea for final fedrigoni work. I think it will be a powerful piece for my portfolio. I cant see it doing any harm for the campaign either, it will add a bit of fun and light heartedness in the campaign that fedrigoni suggested they wanted in their brief without being insulting to the presumption of formality of printers. I think therefore this week I am going to continue exploration of folding for the posters and development for waistcoat design, and then by tuesday I am going to go into final production for the campaign. It is going to be a lot of work-the posters and waistcoats need to be perfectly produced and manufactored. I have confidence in my own skills for this however.










No comments:

Post a Comment